We have 6 trillion cells in our body, 60 trillion bacteria, 380 trillion viruses, and fungi.
We are basically, germ factories.
Viruses aren’t what harm or kill us; it’s the over-reaction of a weakened, dysfunctional, immune system.
The viruses attack our bodies, resulting in harm and death. When we have a weakened immune system, our body cannot fight off the virus, yet rather, they attack the body wherever the virus lands.
In order to be able to strengthen our immune systems and protect ourselves from the daily onslaught of disease, we need to do the following:
- Build strong social relationships. Research has shown that the number one reason people live the longest, in societies across the world, is not because of a certain vegetable, fruit or vitamin they consume, but rather, the social bonds that they have between friends and family. In 1988 a study on social isolation detriment & lack of social connection was worse on the body then obesity, smoking, and high blood pressure combined. The body will create more inflammation with isolation, lowering the immune system, and exposing us to disease.
- Vitamin D is extremely important to maintain healthy immunity. Getting 20 minutes a day of sunshine is the best way to absorb vitamin D. It protects the body against respiratory infection, creates anti-microbial peptides, disrupts bacteria, and viruses.
- Vitamin C is a powerhouse for supporting the body and creating antioxidants. Consume fruits and vegetables high in C. If you need to supplement, 1000 mg of vitamin C is a good supplement.
- Zinc- Stops virus replication processes and has the ability to inhibit viruses.
- Consume herbs and spices like Oregano, Rosemary, Turmeric, Cloves, Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, and onions; all of which have excellent immune and anti-inflammatory boosting properties.
- Eat fermented foods like Saur Kraut, Kimchi, Pickles, Apple Cider Vinegar, etc.. Great way to support a healthy gut.